Electron Microscopy Lab.
|Join a project|
|Video, in situ|
Postdoc Position (materials science, physics, nanostructures, transmission electron microscopy)
- The research project is in the frame of the Priority research area of the Ural Federal University, Flexible Technologies and New Materials.
- Studies of structure-functional and smart low-dimensional materials: gradient and nanoscale structures and microcrystals (synthesis, transformations and specific features) with special interest to transrotational crystals formed in thin films.
- Job Summary
- We are seeking a postdoctoral appointee to perform advanced thin-film synthesis and transmission electron microscopy (TEM) of thin-film, crystal growth and microstructure transformations with involvement in team efforts on the studies of novel transrotational microcrystals and nanostructures.
- Synthesis and TEM of thin (0-100nm) films, crystals and microstructures primarily on the base of 15/16 groups elements (Sb/Bi/…/O/S/Se/Te, e.g. phase-change materials): vacuum evaporation, local crystallization/recrystallization. Characterization by TEM (JEM-2100, Titan 60-300) and correlation microscopy.
- Ph.D. in materials science, physics, chemistry, materials engineering, nanostructures and nanotechnology or closely related field within the past 7 years.
- A record of publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals (Web of Science, Scopus) where the applicant contributed to the writing and revision process.
- A record of presentation of applicant's research at well-known regular scientific conferences (oral and/or poster).
- Experience performing material characterization experiments including transmission electron microscopy and electron diffraction.
- Strong understanding of electron microscopy, diffraction and optics.
- Strong understanding of the structure of condensed matter and crystal defects, low-dimensional structures, crystal and thin film growth.
- Some experience with a transmission electron microscope (TEM) and vacuum evaporation.
- Good understanding of vacuum safety and instrumentation.
- A recommendation letter describing an above-average depth of thought regarding lab safety, skills and careful manipulation with complicated instruments like TEM, and scientific ethics.
- Details, regulations (in English):
- Supervisor, Head of Electron Microscopy Laboratory (Institute of Natural Sciences and Mathematics) Dr. Kolosov V. Yu., e-mail: Kolosov@urfu.ru
- Applications should be submitted till September 15, 2017 to: email@example.com.